You can set up a conference call with two other people. Depending on your phone system, you may be able to add more than two people to your call; ask your system administrator for the maximum number.
Just as with other calls, you can hold and resume conference calls. In addition, you’ll have the option to split a conference call—end the conference and place the people you were talking with on hold.
During a conference, you may have access to the conference management feature. This feature allows you to manage each person in the conference call so that you can mute, hold, and remove each person. Your system administrator can enabled this feature on your phone.
There are two ways to set up a conference: the conventional way—by calling two people and using the Confrnc soft key—or joining two existing calls using the Join soft key.
To set up a conference call:
1. Call the first person.
2. From Lines or Calls view, press More and then Confrnc. The active call is held.
3. Using the Dialer, call the second person.
4. When the second person answers, press More and then Confrnc to join everyone in a conference.
The Active:Conference screen displays, as shown next.
Power Tip: How to Quickly Set Up a Conference
If your phone has an active call and one held call—on the same or a different line—press More and then Join from either Lines or Calls view to automatically create a conference call. The conference call takes place on the line from which you handled the last active call.
Holding and Resuming Conference Calls
When you place a conference call on hold, you place the other two people in the call on hold. No one in a held conference call can hear each other.
To place a conference call on hold:
From Lines or Calls view, press Hold. If you’re in Calls view, be sure to highlight the conference first. The other two people in the conference are held. The following example shows a held conference in Calls view.
To resume a held conference call:
From Lines or Calls view, press Resume.
Ending Conference Calls
To end a conference, and your connection to the other people, press End Call. By default, when you press End Call, the other two people remain connected. However, your system administrator may have set up your phone so that all connections end.
To end a conference call:
From Lines or Calls view, press End Call.
The conference call ends. By default, the other two people remain connected.
Splitting Conference Calls into Two Held Calls
When you split a conference, you end the conference and place the other two people on hold. You can split an active or held conference call.
To split a conference call:
From Lines or Calls view, press Split.
The conference call ends. By default, the other two people are held.
Managing Conference Call Participants
If you’re able to manage the people in a conference call, you can:
- Mute a participant.
- Hold a participant.
- Remove a participant from the conference.
- List information about a participant, such as the participant’s name, number, and call details—such as whether the call is muted, held, or is video-enabled.
To manage a person in a conference call:
1. Set up an active conference call.
2. From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, press Manage. If you’re in Calls view, be sure to highlight the conference first. The following example show the screens that display when you manage a conference.
3. Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the person you want to manage.
4. Do one of the following:
- Press Far Mute to mute the person. The muted person can hear everyone, but no one can hear the muted person.
- Press Hold to hold the person. The held person can’t hear anyone, and no one can hear the held person.
- Press Remove to remove the person from the conference, end the conference call, and create an active call between you and the person still in the call.
- Press Info to view information about the person and their call status. When you press Info, a popup displays listing the person’s information, as shown next.
You can navigate through the popup using the Up and Down arrow keys.
- Press Back to exit the conference management function.